Well folks, report cards go home Monday, and I would like to take this opportunity to publicly appreciate the hard work of all the students from Mme Holden and Mme O'Hara's classes who successfully completed the massive, end-of-term, seven-page hardware test. Well done, everyone! A special word of congrats goes out to James P., who earned the highest mark in the entire school!
Now that first term's over, we're on to our software units...
- The kindergarteners are learning how to use the basic functions of tool software, and touch-based learning tools.
- The primary classes are starting to learn Notebook - the presentation software built especially for SMARTBoards interactive white boards.
- The extended Primary/Junior classes (grade 2, 3, and 3-4 students who have a double period of computers every week) have started creating storyboards in advance of making animated GIFs.
- The 4/5ers are finishing their Candy Computers, and will be moving on to a focused study of the basics of Photoshop Elements.
- The 5/6ers are starting independent study units based on their interests and skills.
Long live the BG Geeks!